Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - vegan

Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - vegan

In between catching up on Reacher and How I Met Your Mother (Netflix finally got some new episodes!), finishing off another Pride & Prejudice spin off, and sleeping, I also made these cookies this weekend. At one point Mr Official Taster asked what I was up to, and I mentioned that I was debating between making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and doing something productive around the house (sorry, bad storyteller that I am, I forget what) and he immediately voted for cookies. Smart man.


Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Anyway, these come together quickly and easily, and like many of my favorite recipes, it only needs one bowl and one spoon. It's got the pumpkin goodness of fall with the added bonus of chocolate chips. I discovered that if you press some more chips into the tops of the cookies right after they come out of the oven, it makes the cookies look prettier. Plus, more chocolate. Win-win.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Moral of the story: if you want a quick and easy fall dessert, give these cookies a try. You won't regret it!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - vegan


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - vegan


I seem to have lost my cloves in the last move, but if you have some, go ahead and use 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cloves and reduce the pumpkin pie spice to 1/4 tsp.

1/2 C vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 Tbsp pumpkin puree (use the rest of the can in any of these recipes)
1 1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 C semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)

In a medium-large bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no large sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until well incorporated.

Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days.

Preheat the oven to 350F and take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.

Roughly measuring, roll the dough into balls of about 1-2 Tablespoons of dough each. Slightly flatten the dough balls because the cookies will only slightly spread in the oven. You can place them fairly close together on your baking sheet for the same reason. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops, if desired.

Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack. Or your mouth.  

5 comments:

  1. I just made these cookies tonight.
    They came out delicious! Which was a total and complete suprise- because I can't bake!

    Thanks for this awesome cookie recipe. They taste just like what you'd imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the evidence says otherwise- you can bake! I'm so glad you tried these and liked them! What are you going to tackle next?

      Delete
  2. Wow! I think everything. I will try everything. :)
    I just saw the amazing list of vegan goodness recipes you have.

    I think I'm going to cook my way throug Kate's recipes. :)
    As opposed to Julia Child's cookbook (I'm vegan).

    The pumpkin butter looks like a nice place to start seeing as it's fall.

    I'm so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks, you're making me blush :) Happy cooking!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...